The only way to predict the future is to invent it. -- Alan Kay

Friday, February 5, 2010

Felt hair clips

I have been seeing tons of little do-dads made from hand sewn felt. This week I got inspired and decided to try a few of my own to use as gifts for Valentine's Day. I made a few for my kids (ok... more than a few... lol...) that I'll show you sometime soon. But I also made these two to send to our cousins in Washington. The one on the left has a rubber band sewn to the back and the one on the right has a safety pin so she can put it on her back pack (she's a little old for "cutesy" hair clips). I cut everything out free form and used embroidery floss to embelish them. Here they are, inside the Valentines card (yes, I bought one... bleh... sorry to disappoint!):

I think that they turned out super cute. I mailed them out yesterday so I'm excited to hear how they like 'em. They are SO easy to make and use just scraps of felt so they are inexpensive. I also made a watermelon, ice cream cone, star and tons of hearts that I promise (cross my heart) to take pics of soon... be on the look out!!

1 comments:

laterg8r said...

that guitar is uber cool :D