The only way to predict the future is to invent it. -- Alan Kay

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Love in a can

I ran across the cutest idea the other day out there in blog land. I was checking out Blue Cricket Designs and found her tutorial for "Christmas pop top cans" and fell in love! That night for dinner I made sure to use two can (Delmonte fruit) so that I could use for the girls' teacher gifts. She has a great description on how to make them so head over there for the details. Here are the ones that I made using My Minds Eye and Bo Bunny papers. They are filled with candy and chapstick! I wish someone would make one of these cutie patootie things for me!! Perhaps with a nummy starbucks gift card inside... hmmm..... I may have to just give myself a gift this year! lol!

Here they are from the top view...
How cute are these?? and a close up of the pull tab top:

The girls will be taking them to school tomorrow (along with the fleece scarves posted below)... I can't wait to hear if they were a hit!! Wait... what am I thinking?? Of course they will be a hit! They are love in a can, afterall!! Thanks for the idea BCD!

2 comments:

laterg8r said...

love in a can, great title :D

those are so cute, they'll love em :D

AmesOx said...

Ohh, what a brilliant idea! I would love to make a few of these for the kiddos stockings!