The only way to predict the future is to invent it. -- Alan Kay

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Leaving..... on a jet plane....

My sister called this afternoon with some very sad news. My mom (who has been in the hospital for the last week) is not doing well. The doctors do not expect her to pull through. So tomorrow at 7am the girls and I are heading home. My sisters and I will meet with the doctor's tomorrow evening to make plans for hospice. It will be a bitter sweet reunion. My mom is my everything. My best friend, my hero, my cheerleader, my angel. I adore her. This is breaking me up. But I am still praying. God is more than capable of caring for her. I trust Him. Please pray for her and also for my family. Our plane arrives at 2pm in Yakima. I'll update later this week.

4 comments:

Gina said...

Erin, I am so sorry to hear this . . . I'll be thinkning of you and your family! If there's anything you need don't hesitate to ask, I'm only an hour away. How long are you going to be in Yakima? HUGS

Craftastic Life said...

((((Hugs)))!

Maggi said...

Bless you Erin, I feel the same way about my mom! I'll be praying for you and her!

Conley Family said...

Erin--I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I will be thinking of you!