The current challenge at Caardvarks is to use ribbon on your card. They have a fantastic sponsor with a very generous prize, May Arts. I have tons and tons of May Arts ribbon and I adore them. I love that I can buy just a yard and bc there's no packaging, the price is so much lower than other manufacturers. Plus, their stuff is seriously stunning. I have two big boxes of ribbon (I'm a bit ribbon obsessed) and couldn't wait to try this challenge.
I wanted to do something totally different than the conventional use of ribbon stretched across the card or turned into a ruffle. I came up with the idea that I used while sitting in a Marketing Class (yes, I should have been listening to the lecture, I know. LOL). I didn't use my May Arts ribbon just because I wouldn't dream of cutting it into pieces/strips, freying the edges and distressing it. Ack! The horror! Could you imagine?? I actually have a few pieces of their ribbon that I have had for months but am yet to find a LO or card "worthy" of such beauty. I'm nuts like that. :o)
Well, here's my "outta the box" ribbon card. I made it with a left over roll of ribbon from my SIL's wedding (so there was no guilt in cutting it all up). The mummy is layer up layer of individually laid strips. I think he turned out great! It was quite a bit of work but so worth it. What do you think?


6 comments:
I'm so going to have to lift your card. My son is so into mummies I just have to create a Halloween card based on yours. So inspiring, thank you for sharing!
That ribbon mummy totally rocks ... love it.
oh WOW! that is *BRILLIANT* use of ribbon...and plus it's just sooooooo danged COOL!!! love the distressing and fraying technique, as well!
Wow what a clever way to use ribbon so creative!
http://thedailymarker.blogspot.com/
What a cute mummy!!
Great use of ribbon, so glad to see something different than bows and borders! Love it!
Post a Comment