The only way to predict the future is to invent it. -- Alan Kay

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New LO (sort of)

We went to some friends' house a week or so ago and I was able to get in some scrappy time with her while "the boys" did "guy stuff" and the kids all played (we each have two girls). It was fun to relax and scrap! I was also able to help her make her first mini-album. I didn't get lots done (which always seems to be the case when you scrap with friends!) but I did get one LO finished. The title of this post says "sort of" bc it isn't all that new anymore. But it's new to you! :o)

Photobucket

Here is the journaling close up. It is the lyrics to a song that I love. I made the butterfly (more info in a minute) and used Adriene's bow tying advice. I love all of the pearls and bling!
Photobucket

Here are the butterflies close up. I made them by trimming away a leaf of a flower. the remaining four leaves look like a butterfly! I adhered it down the "body" and used pop-dots to make the wings 3D and give them some shape. Finally, I drew on the antenna and used jewels for the body!

Photobucket
Photobucket

and a close up of the title. I think with so much going on in the bottom left corner it is nice to have a very simple but whimsical title. I used my new stamps from Christmas (thanks Janna!) for the title.
Photobucket

0 comments: