The only way to predict the future is to invent it. -- Alan Kay

Sunday, April 12, 2009

TWELVE Layer Cake

In honor of Easter I spent HOURS making a 12 layer cake. Yep, 12 individually baked layers smother in chocolate ganache. I saw this cake on Bakerella and knew I had to try it!

The layers, baked and ready to be frosted:
Photobucket

After a few layers and frosting:
Photobucket

She's right, they sure do drip!!
Photobucket

At this point I was a proud baking momma! I couldn't wait to cut in and see the layers!
Photobucket

Well, I did end up waiting until Easter to cut into this gorgeous cake. And it was SO worth it!! Here's a slice:
Photobucket

This is the cake sliced, look at those layers!!
Photobucket

And I was so pleased that it tasted just as good as it looked!! We ended up eating half the cake (mind you, there were 8 of us!):
Photobucket

If you have never been to the Bakerella blog, you HAVE TO GO! She makes the coolest/funniest/silliest/yummiest things!

**Thank you Adrienne for staying up until the wee morning hours and web-camming with me while I made this cake. You definately made it more fun!! **

4 comments:

Maggi said...

Oh My Goodness...

That looks sooooooooooooooooooo good!

JoanneK said...

Oh my gosh, if that isn't the yummiest looking cake I've ever seen!!!!!!

Gina said...

WOW!!! Now that's a DESSERT! :)

Bakerella said...

Looks yummy! nicely done erin!