The only way to predict the future is to invent it. -- Alan Kay

Friday, January 1, 2010

Here's to a new year!

I have to say that I am very glad that today marks the first day of 2010! Last year was the craziest, funnest, hardest, sadest, happiest year of my life. Here is a quick (QUICK) run down of 2009:

* Finished ten more classes towards my Bachelor's degree in Marketing. That means just 5 more this Spring and I will be graduating May 2010! Just 5 more months and I am done!! Woot!

* Spent 5 days in NYC. See all of the photos and highlights HERE. Have I mentioned how much I absolutely LOVE that city?? I am smitten.

* I was chosen for the Dotty Divas Design Team. This is a great challenge blog with fantastic prizes. Check it out here: www.dottydivas.blogspot.com

* My mom passed away on July 18th. The only word that I can use to describe this is: heartbreak.

* We traveled to Washington (we live in Kansas) for my mom's memorial service. While in the Northwest we visited Seattle, Portland and Canon Beach, Oregon. On the way home we drove through (and camped in) Yellowstone, visited Mt Rushmore and 2,000 miles of scenic America! See the pics on THIS post.

*I completely STRUGGLED through Calculus this last semester. I cried, curses and yelled my way through it but... I passed!! Thank you Jesus for helping me through this.

* We celebrated Emily's 7th Birthday, Kayla's 5th, Jared and I each turned 31 and Jared and I celebrated our 8th wedding anniversary.

As you can see.... quite a year!!

I am looking forward to 2010. I am obviously looking forward to graduation (YAY!) and looking forward to a new career. I am nervous about the job search but confident that God has a place for me and because He knows me so well, it is going to be an amazing job that will have made all of this hassle worth the tassel. ;)

So... Here's to 2010!! Cheers!

2 comments:

laterg8r said...

cheers to you - happy new year :D

Ann said...

I hope this New Year brings all that you desire (and a job made just for you!)