We have watched J&K+8 for... well, forever. It's Emily's all time favorite show. She'll pick the Gosselins over cartoons any day. It's surprising how much you come to actually care for people that you will never know. And their kids (shout out to Aiden and Hannah!) are SOOOOO adorable.
Tonight was the one hour "special". My heart is so sad. Not for them, necesarilly. But because of them. Even their actual divorce seemed staged and timed around the show. They filmed this particular episode well in advance (weeks? days? the promos started sometime last week...) but waited until the day that it aired to file papers to "dissolve their marriage"? Was it a coincidence or planned? So sad.
And the part that is even more disheartening to me is that throughout the seasons they have very openly talked about their Faith as Christians. So I find it discouraging that they would just "quit" their marriage. That they forgot that the God they know can easily heal their broken relationship if they would turn their "couch time" to Him rather than the cameras. It also makes me angry. Not totally sure why but I feel like they took on a responsibility as Believers when they taped themselves in Church. And they completely ignored that obligation to be representatives of their Faith. So did they just pretend to Believe so that their family appeared a certain way? Or have they really gotten that lost along the way? *sigh*
I know that my blog post won't make a difference in their lives but I am hoping that my prayers will. I believe very strongly that God has a specific path for them as parents and spouses and divorce is not it. As a Christian, I'm in it 'til the end. The way that He designed it. Not until things get hard, the cameras get too close, the lights too bright or the payouts too large. So, tonight I will be praying for these two people... lost out there in their own selves... in their media cocoon... and for their kids. That they will still see that God is there with them, even when it seems like their lives are out of control. He is, after all, their Father.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Jon and Kate Plus Eight
Posted by { erin } at 9:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
This is one show that I do not watch, but I totally agree with everything you said!
Post a Comment