The only way to predict the future is to invent it. -- Alan Kay

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Birthday Cards Galore!

Between my family, Jared's family and our friends - we have a TON of summer Birthdays!! I have made so many bday cards lately that I literally have a pile on my desk, ready to mail out! I thought I would share a few with ya'll!!

The first is for my friend, Jamie. We are "Birthday Twins" as she calls it (aka, we have the same bday). I saw the pic on this card on her facebook profile. It is of her daughter Maddy walking down a highway in Alaska. I immediately fell in love with it so I printed it off and used it as the main embelishment of her Birthday card! The alphas say "Life is good". All of the pp is from the 8x8 paper pad I won from October Afternoon. I adore this pp!! The card LO was based on a sketch from 2S4Y (Laura's 30)


The next card is also using the October Afternoon paper pad. A totally different look, from the same line!! Don't you love the cherries and the polka dots?

I have a hard time making "boy cards". This is for Jared's cousin, Matt. The background pp has motorcycles on it. I hope he'll like it??

This last one makes me smile!! These are the owls from American Crafts. Love their huge eyes!!

That's it for tonight. I have been making my entries for the AC DT Call. I need to get my butt in gear because the call ends in 4 days. I have my entries done (created a new LO tonight!) so I just need to take photos. *Fingers Crossed*
Talk to you all soon!

9 comments:

Craftastic Life said...

Adorable Cards!! Good luck with AC! I know you'll make it. Your work is fantastic.

Kim said...

ooooo gorgeous cards, im not a card person but they are fantastic, good luck with the call

Maggi said...

Wow, that first card is awesome! Good luck with the DT call!

~Lori Roop said...

I love all the owls so cute!! TFP!

anja curvers said...

Lovely cards TFP.

Laura Davis said...

Darling work! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Heather said...

What a fun way to personalize a card! Love it.

cnelson said...

what perfectly perfect cards! LOVE them!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous colors!!! ♥ that October Afternoon!