I was volunteering at the girls' school in Emily's classroom. I have been going on Monday afternoons to help the kids with their site words. I have to sit on the floor and we do the flash cards one kid at a time. Well, my foot fell asleep. I tried to wake it up before i stood up and I thought I had but half way up my entire leg rolled and I fell HARD. I hurt my ankle, foot, leg, knee, hip and back. The teacher rushed over to try to help - I was mortified!! So I tried to play brave and told her I was ok although I seriously thought I had broke my ankle. But I figured if I could hobble to my car I must have just strained it. So I leave the school and before i even hit the parking lot I started bawling. I called my hubby who was very compassionate and then my mommy (yep, at 30 I still call my mom who is 1700 miles away!!). I considered going to the hospital but bc we are still "new" here I didn't know where one was. So I just drove home and hobbled onto the couch. Jared's brother picked the girls up from school (THANK YOU JON!) and dropped them off so I didn't have to leave the house again. It's several hours later and my back, hip, leg and knee are better but my ankle is seriously hurt. I feel so stupid and kinda miserable. I have to go to WSU tomorrow for a final so I hope it's feeling better by tomorrow. :o(
Monday, December 15, 2008
I got hurt today...
Posted by { erin } at 7:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Ouch!!! I can sympathize, I hurt my ankle during a soccer game two years ago and ended up having to have surgery. Actually the surgery was exactly two years ago two days ago! I hope it's feeling better soon if not you really should have it looked at.
Post a Comment