This summer we had to give our dog, Spike, up for "adoption". We were living with Jared's family and he was making horrible messes (we'll leave it at that). We found a family to take him in who would love and care for him but it was still hard on our whole family. Emily took it the hardest, which is surprising bc she always seemed to be bugged by him. I guess it was one of those "love-hate relationships" bc the day he left she lost it. I created this LO using a Dec Page Map and in honor of the new Gutter Girlz prompt (to use the idea/phrase "Still Hurting" and sewing/pins, etc). Because of all of my Christmas gifts I have been working on, this is my first LO in months. It felt SOOOOO good to get back to actual scrapbooking!! Now just 1,000,000 pictures left to scrap!! ;o)
here is where I encorporated the pin and the phrase:
the journaling says "Emily took it the hardest when we had to say goodbye to Spike. She cried for what felt like hours. My heart broke as I tried to explain why he had to leave. I hope one day she will forgive us. Oct '08"
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Still Hurting
Posted by { erin } at 9:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

15 comments:
THIS. IS. AWESOME. Thanks so much for playing with us!! I love the direction you took the prompt!!
I love it Erin! :D You know I do! I may have took some convincing on my part for you to join in! But I am soooo happy you did!
I as well love the direction you took the prompt. Great LO! Thanks so much for playing in the Gutter with us!
Omg, her expression brings tears to my eyes! Beautiful layout!
Awesome page! Thanks for playing along!
awwww, the look in her eyes really spoke volumes and I love the safety pin. Thanks for playing in the gutter with us!
Awe . . . your little girl looks so sad! POOR thing! Your LO turned out Awesome though! :)
this is awesome. Thank you so much for doign the challenge
wow, great layout and such precious photos.
awesome erin - your layout made me really feel the hurt which is just amazing! And I love the safety pin :)
Thanks for sharing!
I love how your journaling really captured the sadness! Awesome layout
This is fabulous.
Love your take on the challenge.
Thanks for playing in the gutter!
Oh my gosh Erin. What a beautiful and touching page. Poor baby!
Really great layout! Thanks for playing with us GG!
Jan
this is totally awesome :D I really love it aww ur little girl looks so sad:(
thanks for playing with us :D
Post a Comment