The only way to predict the future is to invent it. -- Alan Kay

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wow - what a Tuesday!

Today was WEIRD. Everything seemed to go wrong but it turned out being a great day!

I woke up to a very stiff very sore ankle. It is quite large as well. But it's just sore. I think I just twisted it. I am trying to baby it a bit and give it a chance to heal. We'll go from there. But it made me nervous because I had to go to campus today for a final and Wichita State is LARGE so if I didn't get a good parking spot it could be a hike to class.

I finally convinced myself to get out of bed (trust me, it was a struggle!) and Kayla announced "There's snow outside!". It snowed and snowed and snowed while we were sleeping!! When it snowed last time it turned to ice and so that made me even more worried about driving. But I got Emily dropped off ok and headed back to the house with Kayla to study for my final (in Public Speaking). I decided to study by typing an outline of each chapter - all 18 chapters and 500+ pages! I had 11 pages of typed notes and no time left to read over them!! LOL. I took Kayla to school and hurried to my class. It usually only takes 25 minutes to get there (minus parking which has been known to take another 20) but today it took me almost an hour!! I slid in to my seat with 1 minute to spare -phew!! It is amazing how well you can do on a test when you actually study!! The test went really smoothly and I left chipper. It also helped that I got a great parking spot just outside of the building our test was in.

Then I went to Hobby Lobby and a Christian book store for some holiday/wedding stuff (Jared's sister is getting married on Saturday and I am making her wedding cake). After that I went to the mall to pick up my LAST gift (YEP, I'M DONE!!) and a new top to wear to the rehearsal dinner.

When I got home I checked my grades and it is official: I got an A in my entrepreneurship class!! And I did the math and all I have to get is a 70% or higher on my final I took today and I have an A in that class, too!! WHOO HOO! God is good! I have one more final on Thursday (at 1pm in case ya wanna pray for me) so hopefully I can make it a clean sweep.

Then at home I watched The Biggest Loser finale and .... yay..... Michelle won! I was totally rooting for her!! I was sitting in my living room, by myself, clapping and cheering and crying and yipping for ALL of the contestants. Even the mean ones (ahem, vicky). I love that show!

My last little bit of good news is that I got a sale on my etsy shop. Fun! Oh! and we got a box of pesents in the mail from my dad (thanks papa don!).

I am working on a craft project that I am taking to Emily's class tomorrow. We are making bookmarks with ribbon/buttons/flowers. I made a couple samples, here's a sneak peak:

Photobucket Photobucket

that's it for now - but the night's still young! lol

0 comments: